Who can benefit from Chainlock?
Benefits of using the Chainlock card as a secure wallet:
Key generation in the high-security zone of the Austrian State Printing House (OeSD): the generation procedure, for which a patent application has been filed, ensures that nobody can view the key pair – not even OeSD staff.
Effective counterfeiting protection
the security seal ensures that the private key cannot be secretly read; the signature procedure, for which a patent application has been filed, protects against an exchange of the address.
Secure and convenient hardware
the card is robust, handy, credit-card-sized as well as water- and heat-resistant.
at any secure place (private safe or safe deposit box in a bank).
an IT background is not necessary
100 % offline
unauthorised access to the private key via internet, WLAN, NFC, CryptoLocker, private-key scammers, etc. can be ruled out entirely.
100 % independence
coins created through forks benefit the private key’s owner.
100 % user autonomy
the user is the sole person who can access the private key.
Physical Security Check
Card Wallet ETH
Buy at our partner coinfinity
What is Chainlock?
The future of safe storage
Our cold storage Chainlock is an innovative product for storing digital values. As opposed to online storage solutions, this cold wallet cannot be manipulated by cybercriminals. The process for creating a private key was developed in cooperation with Coinfinity based on its secure entropy technology. This private key ranks among the most secure in the world:
- The key pair is generated in a high-quality procedure, for which a patent application has been filed: not a single person can ever see this private key.
- Key verification is carried out by a machine without human input.
- The cold wallet’s private key is stored offline and at no point available online.
- It is known to the user only.
- The high-quality materials used for the offline wallet minimise security risks.
How does Chainlock work?
Charging the Chainlock card:
- Scan an address as a QR code using the digital wallet of your choice. Alternatively, you can manually enter data or directly send coins to the card from the wallet.
- Charge any amount of a cryptocurrency to the Chainlock card – you can also recharge the card several times.
Discharging the Chainlock card:
- Expose the private key beneath the security seal / protective sticker.
- Scan the private key as a QR code (or, alternatively, enter it manually) using your preferred digital wallet.
- Load the cryptocurrency (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum) from the Chainlock card into your digital wallet.
Once you have removed the security seal so that the private key is visible, you can hide it again using the protective sticker that is provided with the private key. The protective sticker is sufficient to make sure that the human eye cannot decipher the key information.
The private key should only be read by the Chainlock card’s user in safe surroundings. The private key provides access to all cryptocurrency amounts linked to the card.
If the security seal has been removed, this is made apparent by a VOID effect.